Thursday, September 24, 2009

Still more on CCTR

China Crescent Enterprises is like a girl I dated that hurt me, but I'm still fascinated by her. I can't help but be astonished by how cheap the company's being valued. I read the press releases and I'm leery. They're just way too positive. I am willing to miss out on a 100+ bagger here until I get a better sense of the company. I'm waiting for signs that an uplisting is afoot. What are those signs?

One, in order to list on the AMEX or NASDAQ, you need a share price of $3 and $4 respectively. So OTC companies will usually do a reverse split in order to meet those thresholds. Secondly, if the company incorporates in the U.S., that's a pretty good indicator that they're considering an uplisting. Third, are they going to be presenting at major investment conferences like Rodman & Renshaw? Once plans have been announced, follow along to make sure that the plan is executed. It's actually very rare for a stock to go from the OTC or OTCBB to one of the big exchanges. Lots of companies claim that it's going to happen, but it usually doesn't materialize.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

(replaces previous post)

Screw CCTR. I mailed IR about dilution/suspicious trading volume and they answered that they can't disclose such information due to a SEC rule.
As if knowing the current outstanding shares (information which could simply be posted & updated in their website) would give me a unfair advantage!. They're obviously hiding such basic information to the public, since a quarter is enough time for them to dilute a stock to death and then reverse split, wiping out shareholders.