Friday, September 19, 2008

What now?



Uncle Sam is being especially generous. He has tried thrice to throw money at the problem(Bear Stearns, Fannie Mae/Freddie Mac, AIG) and failed. Now he is going to buy any and everything just about. Chairman Cox of the SEC has suspended shortselling in stocks. Of course, the stock market is eating it up. The question you must ask yourself is, "is it over?"

I don't think it is, but I am often wrong. I venture to guess that you are often wrong as well. So what do you do when your investment outlook is ambivalent? Put on some hedges. Raise some cash. I think that gold is great place to be right now. Or take a look at parking your cash in a more stable currency like the Swiss Franc. There are ETFs that allow you do both of these.

In yesterday's Washington Post, columnist Steve Pearlstein wrote that finally the U.S. was being forced by its foreign creditors to live within its means. Today's actions by the government would suggest otherwise. While, I am not as hawkish as Ann Woolner on this issue, I do want to see some bodies strung up. If you're not going to give me any money personally, can't I at least get a fall guy to tar and feather?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I really love all the great material that you have on your site.It seems

like we have the same ideas on what we want to accomplish with our sites. I
would love to speak with you about possibly working together to help us
both
be more successful. If you are interested in speaking please give me a
call
so that we can get this show on the road. Do you work with any strategic
partnership? If you have a chance you could send me over your ad rates
as well as some traffic statistics.
I know you are busy but if you have a chance take a look at our site
www.ino.com and let me know what you think.

I look forward to hearing from you,

Michelle Boswell

Partner Relations
www.ino.com
1800-538-7424 ext-128