Tuesday, April 15, 2008

I don't get this market


Oil is hitting a new high every day.

Food costs are soaring, leading to shortages and riots.

The Fed is handing out money like Fun Size Snickers on Halloween.

The economy is hitting the skids worldwide.

Private equity deals are falling apart.

Retailers are going bankrupt.

Foreclosures are up nationwide.

Gold is over $900 an ounce.

The U.S. dollar is basically toilet paper.

Yet the U.S. markets ignore all of this. I guess that it didn't get the memo. What will cause the bulls to throw in the towel? Any ideas.

P.S. Oh, one more note. The proposed Blockbuster-Circuit City merger is moronic. Two bad companies don't equal one good entity. You really have to work hard to upstage a bad airline merger.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the TV de LCD, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://tv-lcd.blogspot.com. A hug.